Friday, April 20, 2007

WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF?...


Its a beautiful Saturday morning here in Nairobi, Kenya. Hmmm!! how nice to have good weather. Well, its been very cloudy and wet especially this week. So a change is as good as a rest.

I am encouraged every day to live out my dreams. I was watching a movie the other day in which Queen Latifah and LL Cool J star. Very encouraging movie even though l can't remember the name now.Yep it is Last Holiday...brother does that name escape my mind. But one thing l came away with was that we should not be afraid to reach out for our dreams. We should live every day with all the psyche in the world...remembering that you have only one life. One of the most moving scenes in that movie for me is when Latifah's character looks at herself in the mirror and is talking to her reflection...Next time don't be so afraid...travel more and it goes on and on. That right there, is what is very close to my heart. Don't be afraid things will go wrong if you start to live out your dreams. God will give you enough grace for it.

Go out and get a copy of that movie and sit down and watch it. This is the kind of movie you keep a copy for yourself because you will watch it over and over because you will definitely not get everything the first time. It has deep lessons. I am moving from a place where l just watch movies simply because they have good titles. I have made up my mind to watch movies that are motivational, movies that compel you to live a better life...a great life.

So my dear, go out and watch Last Holiday and pick up your dreams from where you left them.

No comments: